Thursday, October 17, 2013

Granada

Ok, so all the towns in Nicaragua are small but Granada is definitely the one with most life to it - it's even got two Irish bars.  What more could a weary traveller ask for?  Well a few more people in said bars for a start.  It's still rainy season here and with my stunning Spanish (in that people are stunned that I know so little!) a lack of travellers in nearby watering holes is kind of cramping my outlets for self expression, namely my favorite pastime........... Talking!  (All those thinking something else, shame on you!)

Anyway, I took a wander around Granada this morning, pretty little place.  The lake is massive and I got yelled at by the tourist police, I think because he was worried that I was carrying my camera instead of in my bag and he thought someone would try and steal it.  If there had been people around I may have worried.  Anyway, here's a few shot of the town, I think you'll agree it's pretty picturesque.


Oh and apparently, when I searched for hotels I put in that I should be able to see a volcano from my room, as yet again............


Next up for me, tonight another night tour of an active volcano followed by climbing a dormant one (the one in the picture above) tomorrow.  Assuming I don't fall in anything I'm figuring the next major update will be around late afternoon tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Two Irish bars, what more could you want? - McDonalds?

    ReplyDelete