Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Onwards, upwards and slightly sideways

I'll start this blog with a question.  Why is it that when you have ten days of fairly quiet nights you invariably end up with the last night, right before you have to get up at 430 to catch a flight, being a late night fueled with plenty of drinks?

So today is a rest day for me.  Recovering from a very enjoyable evening with two French ladies (mother and daughter) and then joined by two random Canadian fellas.  A half bottle of wine and then many many beers afterwards and all I know was that got to bed around 1230.  To get my required four hours sleep.  Sigh!  Honestly I don't remember too much apart from the fact that we closed two bars and actually got cut off at one because they would only serve you so much beer if you weren't buying food - an interesting one that - looking back, that was probably a little bit of a blessing.  At least I think so looking back through the fog of the end of the night.

I suspect I was actually better off getting up ridiculously early than the French were.  They were supposed to be climbing Mombacho today - the one that nearly killed me - not sure if that will have been much fun with a hangover!

So anyway, I've made it to Panama.  Took a wander around briefly, it's not the easiest place to walk around.  So now I'm watching the champions league in a hotel room with no windows and a fake garden.



Definitely a bit different but it is in the middle of the bar and restaurant area so I think I chose right.

Tomorrow it's onto the tour bus and out to see the canal, hopefully it will stay relatively dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment