Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nicaraguan beer

While I'm waiting for the laundry to show up I figured a couple of words on Nicaraguan beers would be appropriate.  I have consumed many of these over the last week and they have, quite honestly, been.................. Pretty good.  Quite light, good taste, refreshing, a good quality hot country beer.  And despite consuming several on some evenings I've been able to surface the following morning without any problem.  Kudos Nicaragua!  Here are the two stars of the show:

Tona beer, photographed in an optimal location - a beach side bar!  Notice the accent over the 'n', this gives it a 'j' sound after the n, got that wrong a few times.

Victoria Classica in a restaurant in Granada.  

Of the two I prefer Tona and it definitely appears to be favored among the locals but at $1.25 a bottle they go down even easier.  In my travels I have definitely noticed that while tourism drives up prices, the last thing it drives up is beer prices.  It takes business and commerce to do that, or to be trapped in a resort where they can charge you what they want because there's nowhere to go.

For now............  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm....beer! What an excellent description! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete