Saturday, October 19, 2013

Las Isletas

No hiking today, no severe inclines to slog up, just a nice relaxing boat ride out onto the lake........ And for a short while, a bike ride!  

Now, I haven't been on a bike in probably 17 years, at least not that I can remember and whenever I do anything that requires balance I generally remind people of Bambi on ice.  However, I did not fall off, I was definitely the one riding along at the back, but I did not fall off.  So that successfully navigated, a ride out into the Isletas which were formed when Mombacho blew its top years ago.  365 islands were created in lake Nicaragua and the volcano went from 2000 metres tall to 1350m.

Anyway, I don't know about you but I've got a bit fed up writing about volcanoes.  Ever since I stopped falling over and whacking my head on things, they've just got to be old news.  So here's some pictures, enjoy.  I have much more important things to write about in my next post.


This house is owned by the owner of Nescafé, just so you know :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment