Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm reading books again!

Ok, so this may not seem particularly important to a lot of you, unless you've witnessed my grasp of the English language and are surprised that I've graduated beyond coloring outside the lines and books with little levers that make things move.

Anyway, the last month and a half I have had real trouble concentrating on pretty much everything, worst of all was trying to read anything of any length.  Some of you know why this is, the rest of you I'll spare you the details.  It's not off my mind yet, I still wake up thinking about it all, but the fact I can concentrate on a story and enjoy it is a really good sign.

I found a second hand bookstore yesterday, and managed to find a reasonably priced one (funnily enough English language books in Nicaragua kind of have rarity value!). Anyway, I have since blasted through 300 pages through last night and this morning, I'm getting my book reading vibe back and I love it!  The trick now is to find some decent paperbacks I can bring with me so I don't have to wander out with my iPad tucked under my arm of an evening because leaving a paperback behind doesn't hurt half as much as an iPad.

That's all, just wanted to share it as it feels like a pretty significant thing to me.  You can all probably just ignore this post and go on with your lives!

3 comments: